Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do you like rainstorms? Why or why not?

I love rainstorms. I love thunderstorms. It's one of the things I love about spring!


I remember when I was a teenager I would love to sit in front of the huge front window we had and watch the rain come down. I'd love when it would pour because it would form a huge lake out in front of our house. (My room would also flood - so not a good thing, but I still loved it!)


I loved running and splashing in puddles (of course it needs to be a warm rain for that to be super fun). I love listening to the rain as it hits windows and the roof. It is a comforting sound to me.


I remember in my first apartment, my roommates and I would sit on our couch on the balcony during rainstorms and watch them. We'd have hot chocolate and blankets and just enjoy the storm.


I've always loved thunderstorms too. I love pictures of them! I love that scary feeling as you count the seconds between the flash and the crash.



One of my favorite primary songs is When I Am Baptized. It's lyrics are:

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain,
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

1 comment:

  1. I like lightning shows, too. Another bad thing about the rain storms when you were growing up was Bear - he hates them. Remember a 125 pound dog trying to get under your bed, or in your lap?

    ReplyDelete