Since the last one was super short, I thought I'd do two today!
AHH! I love this question. It actually happens every year! We have had a family tradition to get to pick our birthday dinner for as long as I can remember. Although now it's me making it.....
When it's a homemade dinner - my absolute favorite is Cashew Chicken! YUM!! Although it just tastes better when I'm not the one who makes it.....I'd post the recipe, but it's really not a recipe it's just throwing this and that in a wok.
If I'm picking restaurant, it would be Olive Garden. I love the Parmigiana Chicken and I love their Alfredo sauce. I actually found a recipe to make a sauce that tastes exactly like it!!! If you would like it just click here. This is a great place to find copy cat recipes!
I know I've picked Navajo Tacos (yummy recipe from my Dad) before, but mostly I remember picking Cashew Chicken.
My brother has always picked weird things - like sushi. One year he wanted shrimp and broccoli, that's all - shrimp with a side of broccoli. I remember my sister picking Casa Bonita one year.
I've tried to continue this tradition with the girls too and they love getting to pick dinner. Riley's picks are usually stuff we don't get very often like Pizza Hut or General Tso's Chicken (Sam's Club has a great one in the frozen dinner section). Alexandra is a pretty picky eater, so it's usually something easy like mac & cheese or pizza. And Dean usually picks meatloaf!
A Year of Horrible
-
I have debated writing/telling people about this because it's not
completely my story, but then again, it is, because I'm living through it
as the mom. So...
8 years ago
Birthday dinners are awesome! This year (and explains why I am fat) I got 3 birthday dinners. My husband is the best chef ever! I love to eat at certain places but we only eat at them usually if we are vacationing. We never eat out as a rule, Randy is too good of a cook and I would feel like it would be a waste of his talent ;)
ReplyDeleteI found it amusing that the kids all pick stuff that takes a ton of effort - until they are big enough to make it themselves - and then it's mac and cheese! Cashew chicken has a ton of prep - all the veg to get ready. The kids do pick Navajo tacos or pizza if Stan was going to be home to cook. And broccoli is usually on the menu for birthdays - except when the kids were little we didn't eat broccoli, we ate baby trees.
ReplyDelete